Many of us are encountering stressors that we’ve never had to face before. When that happens, we need to make sure that we are taking care of ourselves and our holistic wellbeing. Here are some tips for managing stress and anxiety:
- Limit your time on social media – It’s important to stay informed, but constant doom scrolling negatively impacts your mental and physical health. Please remember to take breaks and try to avoid social media in the hours before bed!
- Get your rest – A full night’s sleep is a mood booster, and also improves your memory and immune system.
- Incorporate stress-reducing herbs and supplements into your regime – Ashwagandha is great for those seeking a proactive approach to stress management – add it to your daily morning routine to reduce anxiety and improve your memory and immune system. For more short-term solutions to anxiety, try essential oils – a bit of lavender on your temple can provide short-term relief to migraines or panic attacks. And never underestimate the soothing power of a cup of herbal tea! We recommend trying chamomile before bed.
- Move your body – Be mindful of where you’re holding tension! Unclench your jaw, release your back and shoulders, go for a quick walk around the neighborhood, do a 20-minute YouTube yoga flow, take laps around your house. Make sure the blood is circulating.
- Talk to someone – Text or call someone you love. Community has never been more important, so try to maintain your connections virtually. A quick text to let someone know you’re thinking about them goes a long way, and can lead to a conversation about how you’re both coping during these times.
You can also check out more stress relieving tips from Healthline and the CDC.